DAM 440N -a fine pike reel

The DAM Reels forum.
Jeff Smith
Dace

DAM 440N -a fine pike reel

Post by Jeff Smith »

CD1AFC61-BBF7-4E63-BCAD-C19FED847840.jpeg
I thought I’d include this picture of a nice upper double figure pike taken at the end of last season on my 440N, and Dennis Pye pike rod.
Whilst I’m not a massive fan of the Pye rod( It’s a bit of a ‘ broom handle’ to be honest), I am rather fond of the 440N which is pleasant to use and more than up to the job.
I loaded the reel with 18lb ( .40mm)mono and it worked well with the large diameter spool although I think I might have to employ the services of our friend ‘Duebel’ to locate a new bearing as it’s a tad noisy .
I’ve also just taken delivery of a cracking 330- the earlier model which I actually prefer. This will also be used as a pike reel but loaded with 15lb (.35mm) mono. I have a feeling that I’m going to ‘ need’ a 110 as well for some roach fishing😂😂😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: DAM 440N -a fine pike reel

Post by Liphook »

They are certainly nice looking reels :Hat:

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Can't have too many DAM reels!

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Nice Pike and a very nice reel. I'll reserve too much judgement of the Dennis Pye but do tend to agree with you on that .......... I've just taken delivery of my second 330 and absolutely "spot on". Brilliant ! Screwfix might have the bearings but Duebel will advise on that.

Return to “DAM Reels”