The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 12th May 2019

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
AquasilkPerfection
Minnow

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 12th May 2019

Post by AquasilkPerfection »

Sad news indeed - nothing quite like a bacon butty before the main proceedings - but hopefully still be there for early doors?

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

On my way!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

I'm there!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

It was good to see so many old and new faces at Redditch today, I saw Keith (Pershore Harrier) enjoying a cuppa pre entrance to the fair, that was the last time I saw him! :tea: Great meeting Paul F, Wal, Bob Brookes, Phil (Tengisgol) and many others, it was very enjoyable. I collected a lovely Black Leather pouch from Andy for my Watermole+ reel, sold a good number of glass rods to our friends from Germany and all in all had a fine time! I am looking forward to a few TFF fishing or social get togethers this year, there is never enough time to talk! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Lea Dweller wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm It was good to see so many old and new faces at Redditch today, I saw Keith (Pershore Harrier) enjoying a cuppa pre entrance to the fair, that was the last time I saw him! :tea: Great meeting Paul F, Wal, Bob Brookes, Phil (Tengisgol) and many others, it was very enjoyable. I collected a lovely Black Leather pouch from Andy for my Watermole+ reel, sold a good number of glass rods to our friends from Germany and all in all had a fine time! I am looking forward to a few TFF fishing or social get togethers this year, there is never enough time to talk! :Hat:
LD I did not actually go into the Hall - hence that was the last time you saw me. Funds had already been spent some weeks ago and Paul F agreed to meet at the Fair to hand over my latest acquisitions. I was therefore away by 8.45am for a day's Crucian fishing on a new water. Trust you did not sell an Allcocks Benny Ashurst Match Rod - it is the last one ( I promise) on my list of rods.

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

As always a very enjoyable fair. From what I observed it was certainly quieter than I had seen it before and many of the stalls were winding down and starting to pack away by just after midday. I am not sure if this is indicative of the market at the moment or it was just a slow day? Prices for a lot of things seemed lower and dare I say it more 'realistic' than at previous fairs. Although I saw a fair few items on tables that I recognised from previous fairs that just keep turning up for a day out year after year and never seem to sell. Having said that I was no help. I spent the princely sum of £1 today on a tip ring.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm It was good to see so many old and new faces at Redditch today, I saw Keith (Pershore Harrier) enjoying a cuppa pre entrance to the fair, that was the last time I saw him! :tea: Great meeting Paul F, Wal, Bob Brookes, Phil (Tengisgol) and many others, it was very enjoyable. I collected a lovely Black Leather pouch from Andy for my Watermole+ reel, sold a good number of glass rods to our friends from Germany and all in all had a fine time! I am looking forward to a few TFF fishing or social get togethers this year, there is never enough time to talk! :Hat:
LD I did not actually go into the Hall - hence that was the last time you saw me. Funds had already been spent some weeks ago and Paul F agreed to meet at the Fair to hand over my latest acquisitions. I was therefore away by 8.45am for a day's Crucian fishing on a new water. Trust you did not sell an Allcocks Benny Ashurst Match Rod - it is the last one ( I promise) on my list of rods.
Mystery solved! I am pretty sure that there would have been a Benny Ashurst rod for sale although Fredline and myself did not have one! I hope you had a good day with the Crucians!

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

I missed my bacon butty and did not fancy the guacamole with traces of harrisa on my cheese melty. I did have the coffee which was a slight improvement and tried a piece of cake.

It was nice to meet so many friends and I am looking forward to doing some fishing.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am
PershoreHarrier wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 pm
Mystery solved! I am pretty sure that there would have been a Benny Ashurst rod for sale although Fredline and myself did not have one! I hope you had a good day with the Crucians!
Don't be rotten LD stating there might have been a Benny Ashurst Match rod there!! If you do however, see one on your travels being the 14 foot 6 inch Match rod complete with bag and stoppers if possible please let me know. I have an Allcocks Benny Ashurst Trent rod - 12 foot - and absolutely love it.
Hope to see you at Wagtails next Crucian Day - he said he would try and organise one in June. :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I was not teasing you about a Benny Ashurst Match rod being available yesterday, there usually is! I must confess to never having seen a 14 foot six version though, I would think it would be a bit heavy! I would definitely like to attend a Crucian day, I will watch out for news! :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”