Redditch

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Aitch
Pike

Re: Redditch Tomorrow

Post by Aitch »

Myself and SWMBO will be by and leave cakes and sausage rolls with you if that's okay... :Thumb: :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Redditch Tomorrow

Post by Lea Dweller »

Harry wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:08 pm Myself and SWMBO will be by and leave cakes and sausage rolls with you if that's okay... :Thumb: :Hat:
That will be excellent Harry, Both myself and Fredline promise not to scoff them all. Good job Moley isn't coming! :Hahaha: I am assuming you will be collecting Phil's items? :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Aitch
Pike

Re: Redditch

Post by Aitch »

Yes, I will... I have a list of errands on Phil's behalf... I have just sampled one of the Sausage Rolls... they may not make it to Redditch :Hahaha:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

BEWARE of the Tiffin Cake.....the sugar rush is akin to a heroin addict getting a hit.

The sausage rolls in comparison are just merely exceptional....and I usually don’t like sausage rolls much :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I really enjoyed Redditch today, both myself and Fredline met several new faces and thanks to Harry's good lady we enjoyed some lovely sausage rolls and cakes, I could not indulge myself too much as I will be on the beach in a few days! :Tongue: We had some good laughs and sold a decent amount so all in all a most enjoyable morning. I look forward to keeping in touch while I am in Australia, I certainly won't have to worry about floods! Thank you to all of the TFF members that I met today it was great! :Hat:

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Lea Dweller wrote: ↑Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 pm I really enjoyed Redditch today, both myself and Fredline met several new faces and thanks to Harry's good lady we enjoyed some lovely sausage rolls and cakes, I could not indulge myself too much as I will be on the beach in a few days! :Tongue: We had some good laughs and sold a decent amount so all in all a most enjoyable morning. I look forward to keeping in touch while I am in Australia, I certainly won't have to worry about floods! Thank you to all of the TFF members that I met today it was great! :Hat:
Good to see you and John today Ted. Thanks for the deal. The father in law is going to wrap it up and put it under the 🌲 for me 😁
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

LuckyLuca wrote: ↑Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: ↑Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 pm I really enjoyed Redditch today, both myself and Fredline met several new faces and thanks to Harry's good lady we enjoyed some lovely sausage rolls and cakes, I could not indulge myself too much as I will be on the beach in a few days! :Tongue: We had some good laughs and sold a decent amount so all in all a most enjoyable morning. I look forward to keeping in touch while I am in Australia, I certainly won't have to worry about floods! Thank you to all of the TFF members that I met today it was great! :Hat:
Good to see you and John today Ted. Thanks for the deal. The father in law is going to wrap it up and put it under the 🌲 for me 😁
Hehe I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it :Wink:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Wagtail wrote: ↑Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:46 pm
LuckyLuca wrote: ↑Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Hehe I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it :Wink:
Thanks Waggers for the rod and holdall. The ferrules are sorted on the rod and restoration is underway!
Good to see everyone today, your good self, Lea Dweller, Fredline, Hermit, Lucky Luca Andrew Davis, Bob, Wal, Lorraine, Steve, Sorry to have missed Mal....again. It really is a great event and a treat to meet up with fellow forum members. Here's looking forward to the next one! :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Once again it was great to meet so many really nice people.

I had a great time.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Twas a grand day out! I travelled down with Jeremy Croxall when we put the world to rights, arriving at just on 9am. The hall was filling up and we headed straight to Fredline and Lee Dweller's pitch. Wal and Harry were already there with their wives, so quite a party was gathered round the stall. John and I compared our Knocker Norris match rods and we agree that they are fine rods indeed, well designed and made for the job.

John's Tom Watson Midge hadn't been sold so, after a quick waggle, it just had to be bought. Did I really need yet another Aspindale made 10' 6" roach rod? That was to be my only purchase of the day as quite frankly I didn't need anything else. There were some really good 'project rods' being sold for really good prices, so both Wal and Jeremy left bearing cane!

It was great to see that Jeff Della Mura is getting close with is new books on floats and winders and was there to wet our appetite, assisted by another good pal of mine, Les Darlington. It was good to to see our TFF Hon. Vice President Malcom Baird, though his mobility issues saw him in his new electric 'chariot'. You can't keep a good man down though! I guess he didn't tarry too long as I went to find him for another chat, but he had disappeared. (thanks for our pressie, from Glenda and I). Lucky Luca came up trumps with the finest lardy cake I have ever tasted. One piece of that for Wal, Jeremy and me gave us an energy boost for the rest of the trip. Lovely grub.

I didn't spend enough time with Garry Mills, Allrounder, Hermit, Andrew Davis, Andy Batchelor, Steven Wooley, Tony Protheroe, Wayne Cryer and never even got to meet Stefan Duma and Steve Middleton this time. I am not convinced I even managed a full circuit of all of the stalls. On the way home Jeremy commented on what nice, like minded, people we meet in the traditional fishing fraternity. I could disagree with that!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to β€œFishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”