The NEXT National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 17th May 2020

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: The NEXT National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 17th May 2020

Post by Tengisgol »

Tengisgol wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 pm
Kevin Foster wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:30 pm Hi, how do you sell items there? Do you need to hire a stall or part of a stall ?
Hi Kevin, yes you need to rent a table. I’m tempted to try and sell a few bits on myself, possibly sharing a table with someone.

I haven’t made a final decision but if that interests you (to share) do let me know.

Phil
Kevin,

Update: I will be sharing a table with OMR but if you want to share and split the cost, just post here and someone will happily split with you I’m sure.

Phil
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Andyman
Bleak

Post by Andyman »

Hi, never been to this event so not sure of the format.
I have a 60's rod used by my father in need of a complete floor up rebuild. Would it be feasible to take it along and discuss the project with a rod builder or is it only tackle sales?
Any info gratefully received.
Andy
It's All Too Beautiful but Keep on Rocking in the Free World

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Andyman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 pm Hi, never been to this event so not sure of the format.
I have a 60's rod used by my father in need of a complete floor up rebuild. Would it be feasible to take it along and discuss the project with a rod builder or is it only tackle sales?
Any info gratefully received.
Andy
There will be one or two rod-builders there but it isn’t cheap to have a rod stripped and reconditioned; it takes a fair amount of time and effort. There will also be TFF members here who undertake that work or can make a recommendation.

However, why not have a go yourself, everything you need to know (and more) is on this forum and a simple post if you get stuck will yield excellent advice.

Andyman
Bleak

Post by Andyman »

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I have made a start stripping and preparing but hit a major snag. Top section is split cane and spliced into whole cane by drilling out the cane centre. Unfortunately the join had become damp at some time and snapped due to rot. Re drilling is a precision job way beyond my resources or ability. Everything else I can deal with.
I will look for a joiner who can perhaps help.
Thanks again.
It's All Too Beautiful but Keep on Rocking in the Free World

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Andyman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:09 pm Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I have made a start stripping and preparing but hit a major snag. Top section is split cane and spliced into whole cane by drilling out the cane centre. Unfortunately the join had become damp at some time and snapped due to rot. Re drilling is a precision job way beyond my resources or ability. Everything else I can deal with.
I will look for a joiner who can perhaps help.
Thanks again.
Andy, start a separate thread under the right section of the forum and post some pictures; you’ll get lots of ideas and even offers to help I’m sure.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”