Elite with broken handle

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Dipper
Rudd

Elite with broken handle

Post by Dipper »

This was on gumtree for the paltry sum of £2.50, I couldn’t help myself even though the plastic on the handle is broken(sadly not the metal handle model). The question is does the all metal folding handle fit, and has anyone got one gathering dust? :whistle:

Regards,

Dipper
”If you don’t come home either wet or injured, you’re not trying hard enough...”

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Elite with broken handle

Post by Stingray »

That handle there is not actually an Elite handle. It is a variant of the handle found on later Intrepids (New DeLuxe, Challenger, Prince Regent, Extra, Super Twin, Black Prince Mk2); they can be found with plastic but mainly metal attachments. The real Elite handles came with two knob variations: 1) early - plastic hourglass knob , and 2) later - plastic straight tapered knob; both handles are interchangeable and metal apart from the knobs. The type of bale folding mechanism I can see on your Elite marks it as a fairly early model.
Last edited by Stingray on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Dipper, Sir ... This is a later handle and reel, but it is of any use drop me a PM with your delivery details and I will send it to you.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

According to stingrays post(many thanks) it looks like the handles are interchangeable , Mr Ashby you are a star, PM on the way! :Hat:
”If you don’t come home either wet or injured, you’re not trying hard enough...”

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Dipper wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:48 am According to stingrays post(many thanks) it looks like the handles are interchangeable , Mr Ashby you are a star, PM on the way! :Hat:
Glad you are sorted. Any chance that I can have the bail arm spring when you are done? :Beg:
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

LuckyLuca wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:34 pm
Dipper wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:48 am According to stingrays post(many thanks) it looks like the handles are interchangeable , Mr Ashby you are a star, PM on the way! :Hat:
Glad you are sorted. Any chance that I can have the bail arm spring when you are done? :Beg:
On closer inspection I may need it myself, if not though I’d gladly forward it on to yourself :Hat:

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Dipper wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:13 am
LuckyLuca wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:34 pm
On closer inspection I may need it myself, if not though I’d gladly forward it on to yourself :Hat:
No worries Sir. I'm sure one will turn up given time 👍
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

AshbyCut wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:29 am Dipper, Sir ... This is a later handle and reel, but it is of any use drop me a PM with your delivery details and I will send it to you.

Did you get my PM Mr Ashby? :Hat:

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”