Fixed spool reel in a ghost town shop window What is it ?

The Other Reels forum.
Stingray
Grayling

Re: Fixed spool reel in a ghost town shop window What is it ?

Post by Stingray »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:25 pm Nothing like a reel in a junk shop window to get the heart rate racing.... especially when they’re closed....
Such a shop near my town is run by a chap who proudly boasts that he does not have or use the Internet. Consequently I have had some great bargains from him.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

This is a 735 from my collection
I was certain I had the exact reel in your picture but can't find it at the min

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

It's a good job l can't buy them . Justifying spending money on them at the moment would be impossible ........Most of all l don't need any more angling stuff
Then again l bet that's exactly what the local Native American chief told the Dutchman who tried to swap 25 dollars worth of fishing gear for Manhattan.
Apparently the chief was about to reach for his scalping knife when he spotted the Black Prince and a deal was clinched . Only when the Dutchman was well on his way was the terrible nature of the reel discovered. Thus triggering a conflict that see - sawed across the continent ,involved dozens of tribes and only ended following the awful events of Wounded knee and skirmishes around Drexel Mission.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Damn that Prince of Darkness

Return to “Other Reels”