As promised ... side by side

The Other Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

As promised ... side by side

Post by AshbyCut »

The 'ventilated' unnamed 'Homer Flick 'Em' style reel arrived today ... and it's identical to the first ... apart from the obvious. I believe them to have been made by the same hand ... though whether the holes were drilled by the same hand we will never know.

It does have black handles though.

The reason for the 'modification' become obvious on the scales ... the 'standard' (with it's line guard) weighs in at 10.1oz (286gr) whereas his non-identical twin is a meagre 8.10z (228gr) ... a 20% saving in weight which may make a day's trotting more comfortable.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: As promised ... side by side

Post by Liphook »

A fine brace! Does the spool spring mean the spools have a slight weight bias?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Liphook wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:41 pm A fine brace! Does the spool spring mean the spools have a slight weight bias?
Too little to be noticeable, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Whoever set the faceplate out it was done to VERY exact machining. However the back plate was not, the error is in the foot attachment particuley covering the the adjacent boring with room for adjustment towards the pawl position if set out better. Exposing the innermost section including the spring/pawl, an invitation to muck and dirt ! However Id like to own them Tony

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Very nice Mal.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

I like those, nice reels.

Return to “Other Reels”