A Tiddler Snatchers unnamed Homer Flick 'Em style

The Other Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

A Tiddler Snatchers unnamed Homer Flick 'Em style

Post by AshbyCut »

Blame it on 'isolation mania' if you will ... but my growing interest in 'telephone latch' reels continues apace. At £30, I simply couldn't resist this unnamed 'Homer Flick 'Em' style reel ... so simple in it's construction, without the provision for a 'check' of any kind ... other than the angler's finger on the rim (and what could be better ?) ... only 3.33in (84.6mm) across the edges of the rim ... and so light at only 5.9oz (170gr).

Canal gudgeon will have to beware next season !!!

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: A Tiddler Snatchers unnamed Homer Flick 'Em style

Post by Liphook »

Gathering a nice collection AC :Hat:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Another very nice little reel for the collection Mal. :Thumb:

The one I bought arrived broken. It looked as though it would have cleaned up lovely too.

That's the jiffy bag gamble I suppose, although the reel was also wrapped in bubble wrap, it wasn't enough to protect this one.
ImageImage

Wal.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:31 pm Another very nice little reel for the collection Mal. :Thumb:

The one I bought arrived broken. It looked as though it would have cleaned up lovely too.

That's the jiffy bag gamble I suppose, although the reel was also wrapped in bubble wrap, it wasn't enough to protect this one.
ImageImage

Wal.
OUCH !!! That's tragic Wal !!! I'll keep my eyes out for another ... who knows how many there are out there !!! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Wal - Evert has worked wonders with a reel like that - give him a try.

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:31 pm Another very nice little reel for the collection Mal. :Thumb:

ImageImage

Wal.
What a shame Wal, that looks a lovely reel. I really like narrow drum reels.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Olly wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 pm Wal - Evert has worked wonders with a reel like that - give him a try.
It's gone back to the seller Olly, he is going to claim against the post office. Lord knows how long that will take :tumbleweed: I tried it once, never again, it was like the Spanish inquisition. I had to provide more evidence than the police need for a murder case. :Hahaha:

Wal.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

What a shame Wal :Brickwall: Lesson to all - always post reels in a stout box :doh:

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,If the damaged spool was a aluminium casting there are sometimes cases when the casting is porous and this causes a weak spot,I’ve made reels from cast aluminium and had the problem of weakness ,a lot depends on the quality of the ingots used for the casting process.Reelmaker

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Hope you get your money back Wal - but that's not really the point.

Return to “Other Reels”