Eton Sun anyone?

The Other Reels forum.
Deaf Cat
Grayling

Eton Sun anyone?

Post by Deaf Cat »

There are a lot of reels about bearing the Eton Sun name - all the way from early 20th century clamp fittings, wooden reels, bakelite reels through to the tin plate boys’ reels which I guess date from the 1950s/60s.

I have not found anything on the interweb about a manufacturer or distributor of this name.

Does anyone have any information; or can anyone point me at information?

There is actually a Reuben Heaton reel named “Eton Sun” but I assumed this was a red herring until I found our own Chavender’s post (below) which suggests a possible link.

Post by Chavender » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm
i think eaton sun was part manufacturer part supplier in that they made scientific measuring instruments i think i read someware and made scales thermometers etc which found their way into fishing so they branched out and supplied other items like reels and accessaries,which where mostly re-branded allcocks or slater nottingham reels .then later reels being more diverse of origin .mostley later reels being budget end of the market .you occationally see other items with the brand name on ,i've not seen a cane rod under the brand but wqouldn't be suprized
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Eton Sun anyone?

Post by Stingray »

I've only ever had my hands on the metal ones. I've always wondered who actually made them and where. They are a little bit like some of the reels made by the Czech company, Tokoz around the same time but they are not Tokoz; Tokoz are quite a bit better.

Return to “Other Reels”