Kenny Kendal Aerial match reel.

The Kenny Kendall Reels forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Kenny Kendal Aerial match reel.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

A different type of Aerial, believed to be made by Arthur Crompton for Kenny Kendal.

I think of these versions as match reels because of the quick line retrieval achieved by positioning the line pillars very close to the edge of the drum.

The clear Perspex winding handles and the slot head nuts holding them on, are another common feature found on some of these reels. The backplate has a nicely radiused edge which is also a feature seen on some other versions.

The check cog is missing in the photo.

Wal.

ImageImageImageImage

Chavender
Eel

Re: Kenny Kendal Aerial match reel.

Post by Chavender »

yes these are probably later reels (50's/60's) come in two sizes they're the last of the aerials though .there is another match reel they made ,later in the 70's (its replacement?) that will surprise some .(a mystery reel solved) I was going to upload these later been having trouble connecting too my archive hd (hope its not snafued?) .like a lot of companys theres no records ,date stamps etc so not easy to nail them to a date .or order the early ones are easy as they was closer to looking like the originals & more was known about them ,its these middling ones that's harder to fix to a period or how many was made and for how long ,theres another reel from this period ,I've to post about (another surprise appearance) ,its a little different as I've not found a direct link ,so just speculation but all the signs are there they seem to span a good time period ,but I thought the same thing about the 70's match reel (none aerial) then just last week it was confirmed by a Kenny Kendal customer so this other reel looks more & more likely and may of been sold along side these aerials as its a none aerial reel but theres several versions of it .hopefully I can get into my drive for some more pictures and details I have some more pictures of these aerials to post up too ,tomorrow .old Kenny and Arthur where busy boys theres probably a couple more probables out there not yet connected by the dots .they really should of kept records ,but then they'd be no fun in digging these things up & joining the dots...
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done Wal! I know that you have a soft spot for these reels and also the one's with the distinctive 'W' check spring! They continue to turn up now and then, but I think that you have or have had some of the best of them! :Hat:

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

the " W " sping isn't on these but it is on a couple other models of reels and its a hexagon spaped spring in the " W " style (others used a slightly different octagon shape ,but that's the way with Kk reels close but not identical ) but i'll post about them later .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Kenny Kendall Reels”