Oversized hoop net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
SharkBoy
Perch

Oversized hoop net

Post by SharkBoy »

Hy guys I seem to remember in an old Chris Yates VHS tape .. Chris with a huge hooped landing net suitable for very big carp ? Would a very large hooped net be incredible heavy to use due to the amount of wood used in the frame construction ? Is there anyone out there making this size of net ? Regards 👍🎣

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: Oversized hoop net

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

OMR on this site has made all three of my landing nets, small, medium and large. Give him a message....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

SharkBoy
Perch

Post by SharkBoy »

Thanks

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I understand that Edward Barder made some large hoop landing nets which may have been called the Chris Yates Carp and Barbel Net and whilst just guessing maybe that was the net you saw Yates with in the video. I do not think Barder made many and I was fortunate enough to acquire one some years ago and which gets regular use albeit for Carp of more modest size. As a matter of interest it is the same size as the Maurice Ingham hoop net.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

SharkBoy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:09 am Hy guys I seem to remember in an old Chris Yates VHS tape .. Chris with a huge hooped landing net suitable for very big carp ? Would a very large hooped net be incredible heavy to use due to the amount of wood used in the frame construction ? Is there anyone out there making this size of net ? Regards 👍🎣
It is not the net frame that carry’s weight, in fact nets made of Ash are light - built cane handles are the weighty additions - so I tend to use more often than not straight through bamboo, which is definitely lighter by comparison. Below is an Ingham based net made by OMR for me earlier this year, it is large - very large but light in the frame, has a sewn in net and easily accommodates large Carp.

—————————

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”