Pegley Davies (PDQ) bait tray

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Pegley Davies (PDQ) bait tray

Post by Coral Maestro »

This was purchased during the 70's and proved to be very useful for trotting. Fixed on top of a long bankstick it was handy when wading out to fish. It would hold 2 different baits (maggots/castors/pinkies/worm), disgorgers, spare floats, shot and hooks. No need to wade back to the bank if tackle changes were required.

What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Pegley Davies (PDQ) bait tray

Post by Dave Burr »

I always envied those with bait trays but, as they tended to be match style anglers, I avoided the 'look'. Daft really. Mind you, yours looks like a surprised robot :Chuckle:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Dave Burr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 pm I always envied those with bait trays but, as they tended to be match style anglers, I avoided the 'look'. Daft really. Mind you, yours looks like a surprised robot :Chuckle:
I never thought of it like that but now you mention it.....
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Dave - you could have used that to rest your ‘nads’ in whilst fishing post op :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :Tongue:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Northern_Nomad wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:55 pm Dave - you could have used that to rest your ‘nads’ in whilst fishing post op :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :Tongue:
It was only the one Neil, a single bucket sufficed. :eyebrow:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Who'd have thought a bait tray could promote such an interesting line of conversation.....
- Jack Hargreaves.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

As the French may say ... "c'est tray bon !!!"
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

This just gets better.... :Hahaha:
- Jack Hargreaves.

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I used to have one of those back in the day, these days I prefer a bait apron, no struggling to get in stoney river beds.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 pm I used to have one of those back in the day, these days I prefer a bait apron, no struggling to get in stoney river beds.
How do you stop Houdini escapologist maggots from exiting the apron ? I tried an apron but it was just too bulky and seemed to get in the way of everything.... I quickly went back to one of my old fashioned and rather stained and threadbare Maggot Bags.

Bonus being that you just tie the cord around the top of the bag when packing up, one bait box less to pack away.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”