Wonderful Surprise from Harry H

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Wonderful Surprise from Harry H

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Just to say a big thank you to Richard (Harry H) for making me this lovely rod bag for the Allcocks Windsor Pole.

A truly perfect fit, both in length and width. Workmanship is second to none and 10/10 for laundry work, I've never seen such a fine piece of ironing, it was a shame to put the pole inside it.

Thanks Richard it really is very kind of you and very much appreciated. :Hat:

Wal.

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Re: Wonderful Surprise from Harry H

Post by John_Moore »

Mmmm looks a reel nice bag Richard ....the colour is perfect along with the darker ties.
Some of my Wizards would look really nice coming out of one of them, rather than the tatty old bags they have been in for years.
Thanks for the post Wal.
Regards John.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Looks great! I'm sure there's plenty of call for a good supplier of quality bags since Ellen L has taken a backseat. I know I've got a few requests !

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

That looks fantastic! I love TFF because of this sort of thing.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

There you are Richard, if you fancy a nice little sideline you could be the new TFF bag man. :Thumb:

I am really over the moon with it, here's a couple more pics of the bag showing the work in more detail.
ImageImageImage

Wal.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

That looks fantastic. Quality work :Hat:
Richard, do you plan to start a business? I would be very interested in a number of bags for the fly rods I make.
Best, Chris

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am There you are Richard, if you fancy a nice little sideline you could be the new TFF bag man. :Thumb:

I am really over the moon with it, here's a couple more pics of the bag showing the work in more detail.
ImageImageImage

Wal.
Wal you've creased it :Chuckle: especially after I got caught ironing it by Mrs H :doh:

Thanks for your kind words, I've a few more to make for myself and I'll see what I have left.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”