Bite alarm

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Tizer
Chub

Bite alarm

Post by Tizer »

Hello. Postie just brought me this, I paid a lot more than I have ever paid for a bite alarm before but what with so many more people taking up fishing now and also more people starting to collect stuff I was was getting out bid on everything, My hand was shaking when I pushed the buttons on the keypad £100 ,my heart was pounding, I wanted to win it (as I have never seen one before) but I also wanted some change (quite a lot as it happened) It looked like I would get it for 50 quid ,I would have been happy with that but in the end it cost £96.Anyway I have it now and the money is forgotten about and it is time to play with it and then see if I can make something similar ,happy days , The question is "is this the most complicated bite alarm ever"?

ImageImage

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Bite alarm

Post by Deaf Cat »

Almost certainly! But what advanced technology!

The interweb has never heard of the “Mikro Integrated Bite Indicator” so you may have the only one.

Enjoy!
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

I've never had a bite alarm with a "Resonator bracket"!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Thats a new one on me! Is it a modern take on something traditional that I've not come across?

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Happy days,might be the only one's in the world,although I doubt it,they each came in a proper cloth bag with a label..Mikro integrated bite indicator, patent applied for. There were 2 like the one in the pictures and another one with the bits made of wood ,so I think the wooden one is either the prototype or a copy of the other one's,I don't think they would have caught on,to complicated,but I will find out how they work and give them a try and wait to see the look on other angers faces

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Good grief. I can't imagine why it didn't catch on :Sarcasm:

Tizer, do you know the date of manufacture?

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

On the paperwork it says Mikro products Milton Keynes and a phone number,I rang the phone number and the bloke said you have the wrong number,I explained that it was about a old bite alarm and I just wanted a bit of history on it ,he just said you have the wrong number,I said fair enough but that is the number on the paperwork

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

ImageHere is the wooden one and the other bits that came with it,you can see that it is very well made..

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Well I don't think the telephone number is 'old' - and if those are batteries I see above - not old either?

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Having enlarged and read the instructions, I’m trying to imagine the twisted mind that came up with such bizarrely complex idea. Something Douglas Adams wrote popped into my thoughts, “The product of a mind that was not merely twisted, but actually sprained.”

I may have nightmares tonight!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”