Waterlog - should I let it go?

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: Waterlog - should I let it go?

Post by Mario »

i have first 50 but i didn't like the way they changed the format after issue 50 so stopped buying it but i have kept them and will keep them there worth about 4 or five pound a copy

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

The Chris Yates years were definitely the better ones but I sold all mine when they started fetching daft money.
I have never regretted it, far too many other things to do and read. Plus I got The Waterlog Years by C.Y. given as a birthday pressie one year so I have all the best bits in one book.

The mag I found harder to part with was Classic Angling but eventually they all went and I really don't miss them.

Wal.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

I would definitely sell them to fund the missing Trollopes- the full folio is available online. Sounds to me Simon that you want a retirement of literature, culture and angling - a pile of magazines in the loft isn’t going to give you that.

Pyrethrum5
Dace

Post by Pyrethrum5 »

Sir,

I concur with the consensus - I would be loathed to release these into the wild. A full set (of 100) will be more desirable than a partial one. From my experience of selling these magazines, you can typically expect to sell individual editions for between £3 - £5. Particular editions do go for more on occasion, the first edition for example or the ‘obituary’ editions (Venables, Stone) are the most sought after. I would make the comparison between a full set of Creel, which can reach prices of between £200 - £250 if sold as a full set in good condition. I made the mistake once of selling the bulk of my vinyl collection - short term monetary gain, but long term musical pain!! Find an air tight box, a space in the garage or shed, and I guarantee that in 5 - 10 years you’ll be dipping into these lovely magazines and rediscovering them all over again,

Happy Christmas,

Mark (Pyrethrum5)
I saw the rod plunging away as if the devil had taken it” – Bernard Venables (1957)

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Simon F wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 pm
( You don't think she might read this forum do you? :surrender: )
Always a distinct possibility - beware of the power of the internet!

My wife asked me to help her identify a plant, a heliotrope, I think.
I told her I'd do it later, and "words" were had. It had to be done immediately.
So I posted a query on a fishing website, and actually got the answer very quickly!

Too late, as it turned out.
She had already looked it up on Google, and the top response was a question posed on a fishing website by a chap who called himself Banksy.
It began: "Help me - The Wicked Witch needs to know if this flower is a Heliotrope ..."

:oops: :Scared:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”