another magazine finishing

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Re: another magazine finishing

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Anyone know what happened to the Fishing Gazette? I've looked all over WH Smiths and can't seem to find a copy.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Sadly Carpworld closed its offices and Big Carp has gone digital only.... seems like a lot of magazines are shutting up shopwith the onset of the digital age
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

The instruction stuff always was repeats of old stuff, for many years at any rate. If the mags are rubbish the online stuff is even worse. Theres some good stuff in Fallons which isnt instruction. Thing is do anglers want to read fishing stuff

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Tizer wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am
Nigel Rainton wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:12 pm I would buy a fishing magazine if it was any good. I like books, I bought one last week, it's 111 years old. I've only kept one magazine, it's got an article about me in it. Online will never completely replace books and magazines.
The thing is online magazines just the same as MP3s and eBooks have no physical presence or intrinsic value. Maybe this is why people collect proper books and vinyl records. And it's nice to have something on a shelf to look at and touch. It's also a statement of who you are.
And the smell as well,first thing I do when I get a new old book or mag is smell it,love it
Good point! I never thought of that aspect.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

there are still a few good magazines out there fallons angler and catch cult to name two but you have send off for them i ve bought both them both good magazines i don't buy into that online blogs have totally killed off print because a lot them the quality isn't there and youtube is different media all together but i prefer to buy a book rather spend my money collecting magazines

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”