Mr Green's Rod - The Soundtrack

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Kev Parr
Perch

Mr Green's Rod - The Soundtrack

Post by Kev Parr »

Hi All

As mentioned in the thread for the film, Chris and Will Yates composed and performed the score for 'Mr Green's Rod' and Will has now put together a package for digital and CD release.

Will isn't looking to make a fortune from this, but needs to cover the productions costs so has set up a preorder option in order to ensure there is enough interest (I think there will be!).

Anyway, the full digital release date 13/12 with the limited edition cds following a few days later - and the link is here - https://memotone.bandcamp.com/album/mr-greens-rod

Best Kev

Incidentally, 'Memotone' is one of Will's musical monikers - he has released albums under several guises so if people enjoy the 'Mr Green' music they may like to look up some of his other work.

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Mr Green's Rod - The Soundtrack

Post by Pallenpool »

Well this is fabulous news - I have followed Wills musical journeys for a while and very much enjoyed his studio setting compositions using guitar, keyboards and loops. The Mr Green’s Rod compositions are even more paired back and very much in the vein of contemporary composers such as Nils Frahm - I am very much looking forward to receiving my copy of the CD.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Kev Parr wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 pm Hi All

As mentioned in the thread for the film, Chris and Will Yates composed and performed the score for 'Mr Green's Rod' and Will has now put together a package for digital and CD release.

Will isn't looking to make a fortune from this, but needs to cover the productions costs so has set up a preorder option in order to ensure there is enough interest (I think there will be!).

Anyway, the full digital release date 13/12 with the limited edition cds following a few days later - and the link is here - https://memotone.bandcamp.com/album/mr-greens-rod

Best Kev

Incidentally, 'Memotone' is one of Will's musical monikers - he has released albums under several guises so if people enjoy the 'Mr Green' music they may like to look up some of his other work.
Well I have to say what a wonderful CD this is I play it constantly, very absorbing and contemplative. Thanks for the heads up back in November. Do you know if the CD is selling OK? I would hope a few on here would have purchased it but as yet this is the only existing thread regarding the musical attributes to the Mr Greens Rod Storey.

Best

Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Thanks Peter. Not sure how it has sold, but will ask Will and find out....(and pass on your comments, too!).
Best Kev

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Kev, thats good of you - look forward to hearing.
Peter
:Hat:

Heraclitus

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Hi Peter - Will says it has sold well and he's almost covered his costs which is great - he was delighted to hear your feedback and says there are still a few copies left if anyone still wants one....

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Thanks for the feedback Kev, let’s hope some more folks on here will order one.
Peter

Heraclitus

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”