What are you reading?

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
NorfolkTinca
Dace

Re: What are you reading?

Post by NorfolkTinca »

Waterlust, by Robert Olsen. I can imagine this book being greatly enjoyed by the good people of TFF. Not only is it a very fine book in terms of its content, but it is a beautiful one too.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The latest John Gierach: Dumb Luck and the Kindness of Strangers.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Mod by Richard Wright; not just parkas and Vespas but a full analysis of youth tribes from the Soho Jazz scene of the 1950’s to Britpop and Casual in the 80’s - 90’s. Absolutely fascinating.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Confessions of a Carp Fisher by BB once again. This time on Kindle. It has made me keen to fish one of the waters he fished.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

As I cast out by John Langridge, An Englishman fishing in Spain. I'm picking up some info for when I take my motorhome to Spain for a few months when I retire. That is if we are allowed to leave Blighty ever again.
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

NorfolkTinca wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 pm Waterlust, by Robert Olsen. I can imagine this book being greatly enjoyed by the good people of TFF. Not only is it a very fine book in terms of its content, but it is a beautiful one too.
A superb book... have a read of "Toms Book" by the same author... our own "Tengisgol" (Phil) appears in both... Rob is a superb author
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

NorfolkTinca
Dace

Post by NorfolkTinca »

Aitch wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:32 pm
NorfolkTinca wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 pm Waterlust, by Robert Olsen. I can imagine this book being greatly enjoyed by the good people of TFF. Not only is it a very fine book in terms of its content, but it is a beautiful one too.
A superb book... have a read of "Toms Book" by the same author... our own "Tengisgol" (Phil) appears in both... Rob is a superb author
Thank you - and in fact there's a story to this. Phil and I first met on a bridge over the Wensum; Rob was there too that day (although I didn't know who he was at the time) and unknown to me, he used the moment as the inspiration for one of his pictures in "Fishing in the footsteps of Mr Crabtree". I'm the "Mr Crabtree" on page 48, leaning against the railings, and it really does look at lot like me. Can't say the same about Phil, who became Peter! Now coincidence it may be, but three or four years later, that very stretch of river ignited my passion for Wensum roach, and gave me a PB that toppled my previous one after 29 years and a winter of effort. In the end, it was Phil who helped me to achieve it by putting me on to a brilliant swim. That picture means a lot to me, and I'm honoured to be part of that book.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

I am Legend, again, Richard Matheson. Hollywood destroyed a superb book. Will Smith! Are you kidding, Will Smith!!!
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Food for Free by Huw Richards.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

That's a great book Peter, my son has just borrowed my copy.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”