How to catch them books for sale

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: How to catch them books for sale

Post by Reedling »

You will get through it, good luck and all the very best.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

My thoughts are with you Reelmaker and as the boys have said getting out on the bank again and being in touch with nature will undoubtedly help you overcome feeling so low. I know from personal experience that when life gets tough a few hours in a beautiful spot always helps me put things into perspective.... good luck and please keep in touch, we are all mates here....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Good heavens Reelmaker - whilst I do not think we have ever met don't give it up - I know these last 6 months have not been easy and I am a youthful 71 and this whole lockdown and Covid 19 has certainly turned most lives upside down. I haven't seen my eldest son and grandchildren since lockdown and I understand the loneliness issue so please take up some of the offers on here and I am sure you will feel so much better for it.

If you need a fishing companion for a day who you can totally trounce then let me know and I will join you on your chosen water assuming of course it is course fishing and not that other stuff of fluff flinging.

All the best and stay well.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Reelmaker, as all the other posts on here, I would say to give up your beloved angling would have even more of an effect on whatever led you to this decision - I have a friend who felt just the same a few years back, and with support from his chums he gradually found his way back, and is now currently fishing as much as he is able to do - with these wonderful posts of support and offers of direct support as PershoreHarriers I am sure the situation can only improve.

I am not sure where you are in the country but if you need some company bankside I will help you out if at all possible.

Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Pallenpool wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:36 am Reelmaker, as all the other posts on here, I would say to give up your beloved angling would have even more of an effect on whatever led you to this decision - I have a friend who felt just the same a few years back, and with support from his chums he gradually found his way back, and is now currently fishing as much as he is able to do - with these wonderful posts of support and offers of direct support as PershoreHarriers I am sure the situation can only improve.

I am not sure where you are in the country but if you need some company bankside I will help you out if at all possible.

Peter
As you may have seen, I live not too far from Reelmaker and have offered direct support by way of a visit and the choice of two lightweight rods free of charge if it will help! I am heavily involved helping an old family friend that has vascular dementia, is being treated for alcohol addiction and depression, but I will make the time to help Reelmaker if he chooses to accept my offer! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:21 pm
Pallenpool wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:36 am Reelmaker, as all the other posts on here, I would say to give up your beloved angling would have even more of an effect on whatever led you to this decision - I have a friend who felt just the same a few years back, and with support from his chums he gradually found his way back, and is now currently fishing as much as he is able to do - with these wonderful posts of support and offers of direct support as PershoreHarriers I am sure the situation can only improve.

Peter
As you may have seen, I live not too far from Reelmaker and have offered direct support by way of a visit and the choice of two lightweight rods free of charge if it will help! I am heavily involved helping an old family friend that has vascular dementia, is being treated for alcohol addiction and depression, but I will make the time to help Reelmaker if he chooses to accept my offer! :Hat:
Yes! I read your kind offer - I think it is a very wonderful thing - it is so so difficult for folks who like reelmaker are sufffering - so sad - with people such as your good self around I am forever hopeful that help and some sort of facility to enable a waggle could prevail - as we all know fishing is such a great giver of so much more than just the fish. I didn’t put the pieces together concerning your proximity to RM but given your TFF nom de plume it must be along or near the banks of the Lea. I very much hope Reelmaker will make contact.

Peter
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Well done chaps this is what makes this forum special
The generosity and compassion shown to a fellow brother. Very moving indeed.
I wish you well Terrence and I hope Autumn gets you back in the spirit of thing's its my favourite time of year to fish. I actually find myself wishing the summer away most seasons.

Take care sir you've got 500 friends right here

Regards

Terry

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Very well said Terry! I'm much younger than you Reelmaker, but due to my own health issues I've been on lock-in for over 21 weeks. Thankfully I've been able to angle for bass in complete solitude on the pre dawn high tides (almost from my doorstep, even if it has been in a very nontraditional way :Scared: ). In addition I've had this forum as a learning resource to pass much of the spare time. I really appreciate this forum and it's members learned input. My thoughts are with you Reelmaker and hope the clouds part and the silver lining shows itself soon :Hat:

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Reelmaker, I am so sorry to hear of your plight and wish you all the very best. As has been said, you have 500 friends on this forum, please try and keep in touch with us so that help and support can be provided as and when you need it.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good afternoon fellow friends,I must state that this forum has given me much pleasure and when I was first told of the forum by Andrew Davis some 8 years ago I was never aware of the support and understanding of fellow anglers ,people giving help and this kind of generosity rarely seen these days,I thank Andrew for that guidence those years ago.Thank you friends.Terry(Reelmaker).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”