Inscriptions in old Angling books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Inscriptions in old Angling books

Post by Mr B »

Some very interesting ones above, they really do add that little bit of icing on the cake.
This one bellow is nothing out of the ordinary (as far as I know) but an inscription all the same and a great book!
Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

This is the French version of “Advanced Salmon Fishing” by R.V.Righyni dated 1980.

One of the nicest dedications to Arthur Oglesby, with whom he shared his River Lune beat
The Watcher by the Bridge

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

That was very nice above...
I never give a book as a present without a little something in it..
This one bellow was my old Uncle’s who passed away last year.. he was my fishing mentor along with my dad..
We fished on The Thames a couple of years ago when he was 82.
This book was a Christmas present for him from my Gran and Grandfather. His mum and dad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

ImageImageImageImage

Couple of books from the collection of my late uncle, Major Brian White, DDAY veteran, fine angler and great drinking company.... much missed by all who knew him and enjoyed his wit, wisdom and those stories of salmon fishing in the highlands.....god rest old friend!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

A life well lived, obviously

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

Robert Roxby..”The Fisher Poet”

Collaborated with Crawhall and wrote some of the “Angler’s Garlands” - one of the inscriptions that could be described as a flourish.

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

ImageImage

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

A nice inscription and a nice quote too.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

This one was a rear find only last week.
It’s a first addition and has the inscription of the Author.
Frank Guttfield.
The top of the cover has been ripped off but I got the book to read and very good it is too!
Mr B

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

How about this for an unusual inscription by the author for his 1926 book on trout fishing......"This is not as good a book as the other.[/i]..." :Confused:

IMG_9962 (1).jpeg
IMG_9961 (1).jpeg
IMG_9960 (1).jpeg

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”