Tel Tales A Tribute to Terry Glebioska

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Pedro

Tel Tales A Tribute to Terry Glebioska

Post by Pedro »

New book from publisher Fishing booksender due out very soon.
A lavish book of 366 pages featuring the life of Terry who passed away recently.
Over 30 contributors including
Chris Ball
Terry Dempsey
Dave Horton
Micky Gray
Lee Jackson
Ritchie McDonald
Jan Wenczka
Martin Locke
Bob Morris
Eddie Turner
Derek Stritton
and many more
Terry was a former British Carp record holder and Pike angler with over 100 pike over 20lb and many 30s.
Donations from the book proceeds to the British Heart foudation and Angling Heritage
It looks a cracking read,I believe over 300 photos of big Carp and Pike plus others
It only has a small print run

Mario
Eel

Re: Tel Tales A Tribute to Terry Glebioska

Post by Mario »

looks good pedro ive pre ordered mine if it was all about carp I may not have but he writes about pike too so I thought it looked good with all the co writers to some well known to and some good art work in there too

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I believe only 15 copies left before the launch so if anyone is interested you need to act quickly

Muskieman
Bleak

Post by Muskieman »

I went to the launch yesterday. The launch didn't seem to be as well attended as some of the others I've been to.The book itself is very well produced and should keep me entertained on these rather dreary winter evenings. I do believe it is now sold out. I was stunned by the speed of the appearance of copies on ebay. The ink could barely have been dry.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

Muskieman wrote:I went to the launch yesterday. The launch didn't seem to be as well attended as some of the others I've been to.The book itself is very well produced and should keep me entertained on these rather dreary winter evenings. I do believe it is now sold out. I was stunned by the speed of the appearance of copies on ebay. The ink could barely have been dry.
This seems to happen these days seems there is quite a few people by them to sell on for a quick profit

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I believe the book sold out before it was published which does seem to be happening quite frequently at the moment

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Pedro wrote:I believe the book sold out before it was published which does seem to be happening quite frequently at the moment
To me that indicates that the book run is too small. If a book can sell 200 in the first fortnight then it shouldn't have much trouble selling 500, perhaps more, in a couple of years. Books are for reading, they're not investments or a means to a quick buck via eBay, and limiting the readership to such tiny numbers seems obtuse. Outside of fishing the best books stay in print and sell for decades.

ImAllStokedUp
Gudgeon

Post by ImAllStokedUp »

Pedro wrote:I believe the book sold out before it was published which does seem to be happening quite frequently at the moment
There were 11 copies left mid afternoon at the launch.

It's a double edge sword for publishers at the moment, do they produce too many books and sit on a load of dead money or produce to numbers ordered and deposits paid ( which in this case Fishing Booksender did ) ?

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The thing with books is that they are not hot cakes; they don't go stale after a couple of days. There is a risk involved in that costs have to be covered, there's a chance too many copies will be printed but stock, once costs are covered, isn't dead money but potential earnings for publisher and author, and any middlemen, alike. No-one wants to remainder off most of the stock but I'm sure a lot of publishers will tell you that if they get one decently profitable book from 5 they are doing well, 3 might break even or slightly better, and the other will be a stinker that crashes.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

moneys tight at the moment and people don't want to part with it

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”