Carpinista

This forum is for discussing carp.
Post Reply
Moley
Grayling
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am
Location: The Mole Fortress, West End
Contact:

Carpinista

Post by Moley » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Southill Park 1315-1730

Would have had an earlier start but met Mike lurking in the car park, much chatting followed :Wink:

Set up a very light quiver with a cone and ledger rig on a home made glass rod. The reel was my old Winfield Spinfisher and 4lb line:

Image

Image

Image

Image

These are the better looking ones of the eight who dropped by. The biggest was 15lb+ and the rest varied between doubles and singles........only one other angler caught a single fish :Hat:

Not long now before others start getting worked up about this etc.

As ever,........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

User avatar
Luga00
Chub
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Carpinista

Post by Luga00 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Marvellous, beautiful fish.
What bait did they succumb to Moley?
Russ

User avatar
Paul D
Ferox
Posts: 5441
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Carpinista

Post by Paul D » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Well done Mr Mole, another fine catch. :Hat: please don't take offence but you are a dead ringer for Mr Hargreaves.
" I have no intention of changing my habits and fully intend to become even more weird as I age."
The Old Buffer

User avatar
Michael
Tench
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Berkshire

Re: Carpinista

Post by Michael » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Yes, it was thoroughly enjoyable having a chin wag Moley, OK the wagging went on a tad :oops: , and of course the pleasure of meeting the one and only, the leg-end himself......
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
Marcus Aurelius

Moley
Grayling
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am
Location: The Mole Fortress, West End
Contact:

Re: Carpinista

Post by Moley » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

First off, many thanks for the kind words everyone.

And to answer some of the questions raised:
Luga00 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm
Marvellous, beautiful fish.
What bait did they succumb to Moley?
Russ
The cone is a way of presenting pellet paste and single pellet Russ.....very effective on windy venues at this time of year :Wink:

Some of the carp in this Estate lake are very striking in their winter colours and are pretty.
Paul D wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 pm
Well done Mr Mole, another fine catch. :Hat: please don't take offence but you are a dead ringer for Mr Hargreaves.
I think it's the beard........

Image

Personally I believe I'm better looking........ :Chuckle:
Michael wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm
Yes, it was thoroughly enjoyable having a chin wag Moley, OK the wagging went on a tad :oops: , and of course the pleasure of meeting the one and only, the leg-end himself......
It was thoroughly enjoyable.

Always good to finally meet up with someone after all this time.....look forward to seeing you on the lakes in the near future. The Leg-End was the only other to catch....one fish. And he was getting a bit lively at having a Fat Mole asking him to take yet another portrait :Hahaha:

He can get quite worked up when things don't work out as planned but perked up when a pint of Shed Head was waved under his proboscis, along with a bowl of chips :cheers:

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

User avatar
GarryProcter
Arctic Char
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Wilt Shire

Re: Carpinista

Post by GarryProcter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:

Moley
Grayling
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am
Location: The Mole Fortress, West End
Contact:

Re: Carpinista

Post by Moley » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm

GarryProcter wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm
Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:
Sadly Garry most of the decent silvers have all disappeared down a Cormorants gullet :Cry:

And to rub salt into wounds the roach had been getting bigger and an obvious target for a certain fatty :Wink:

Still on the bright side the Test gave up one of its more elusive 2lb+ red finned denizens to a pork pie eating Mole of ill repute last Tuesday :Hat:

Sadly the senile one lost his camera........... :Confused:

Still not bad as this winter season has produced two over the magic figure :Thumb:

Hurrah!

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Grayling
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am
Location: The Mole Fortress, West End
Contact:

Re: Carpinista

Post by Moley » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Moley wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm
GarryProcter wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm
Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:
Sadly Garry most of the decent silvers have all disappeared down a Cormorants gullet :Cry:

And to rub salt into wounds the roach had been getting bigger and an obvious target for a certain fatty :Wink:

Still on the bright side the Test gave up one of its more elusive 2lb+ red finned denizens to a pork pie eating Mole last Tuesday :Hat:

Sadly the senile one lost his camera........... :Confused:

Still not bad as this winter season has produced two over the magic figure :Thumb:

Hurrah!

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

User avatar
GarryProcter
Arctic Char
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Wilt Shire

Re: Carpinista

Post by GarryProcter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Heartiest congratulations on another two-pounder, Moley. A nice habit to get into, catching large roach from the Test!

Post Reply

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests