Tinca Tinca - Part II

This forum is for discussing tench.
Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Tinca Tinca - Part II

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Julian,

I caught many small tench from a farm pond near Rusper during the 1970s and also at Ardingly College lake but I never caught anything over 2lb. I caught my personal best tench from the River Bure at Horning in the mid 1990s, it weighed 9lb 8oz. I'm never likely to beat that. The tench in my local lake go to 7lb :-)

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Dear SS

i bet not beating your p.b will bother you to much when you have such a fantastic looking tench water on your door step as was mentioned before getting harder to find these days especially as most people seem to want to stock carp carp and more carp.

what a great days fishing day you had.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Bjp,

I caught my personal best tench, roach and bream in 3 consecutive casts on the River Bure at Horning and later that year, my personal best pike. As I no longer live in Norfolk I think it is unlikely that any of my PBs will be beaten. Although I caught fewer tench yesterday, I enjoyed the fishing because I was experimenting with a new method and bait. I learnt quite a lot; remember the reel, take more to drink, use bigger hooks, 12' is a better rod length for tench, don't mix ground bait in the landing net ....

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

SofaSurfer wrote:Bjp,

I caught my personal best tench, roach and bream in 3 consecutive casts on the River Bure at Horning and later that year, my personal best pike. As I no longer live in Norfolk I think it is unlikely that any of my PBs will be beaten. Although I caught fewer tench yesterday, I enjoyed the fishing because I was experimenting with a new method and bait. I learnt quite a lot; remember the reel, take more to drink, use bigger hooks, 12' is a better rod length for tench, don't mix ground bait in the landing net ....
Can you just turn up and fish i thought you had to pre book also does float fishing work well there as i do like to watch a float lift.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

No need to pre-book just turn up and fish, the owner comes round for the money and a chat. Float fishing is the norm, particularly later in the season. Don't get there before 7.00am and use barbless hooks :-)

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Beautiful looking water and fish. Got my Tench dawn juices flowing now...
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I think I might go for another 'walk' today, just to see how busy it is ;-)

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Lovely venue, lovely fish - very envious.

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Delightful, SS.....even more so being on the spur of the moment like that........Well done, that Man :Hat:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Lovely write up and fish, still waiting for the Tench to start feeding in earnest at my local water, I've seen them but not in the numbers that suggest they are moving en-masse but the water is deep and cold and it is early yet as I've never caught one before the middle of May.

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”