Chub session.

This forum is for discussing chub.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Chub session.

Post by Tengisgol »

Chevin Chaser wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm Thank you very much chaps.

Liphook, there is a breeding pair along this stretch of river but since the season opened I haven't seen them. The cormorants do fly over from time to time but I've never seen them in the water here. To be honest the chub are normally in very good condition, a lot are pristine healthy fish, but like you have noted, those pictured have been lucky to get away with just scars. In fact three of the four that weighed over 5lbs had fresh or old battle wounds. The two lighter chub were spotless.

I cannot post them on here as a repeated message appears saying 'file too large'
They do often look a little more ragged than usual this time of year, nice fishing!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Lovely fish chevin chaser.there aren’t fish that can refuse a lob.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done, you caught some fine chub! :Hat:

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Thank you for your comments. I only use natural baits, two in fact, but this time of year lobworm is used over bread flake, which I start presenting in mid September. I have in the past caught chub using wine gums, boilies and meats etc, but my personal experience is to stick with the above two baits.

Please excuse the photos. I have a new camera phone, P20 Pro which I'm still getting my head around all of its uses. The second photo was taken with the front lens. It's very hit and miss depending on the given light at the time to get a good quality image. The rear has a 40 megapixel camera and works very well in all conditions.

IMG_20190710_205443-1459x1094.jpg
IMG_20190710_185913-1408x1056.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

LlyrEdwards
Bleak

Post by LlyrEdwards »

Lovely lovely fish! I really do wish I had some big hub to target in the rivers here, for that matter any chub would be lovely.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Very nice fishing there, Chevin Chaser! Well done!

Try using this icon to upload the pictures. The size shouldn't matter.

Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

LyrEdwards, thank you. I don't know which river you frequent, mine is the Ouse. I'm very lucky that its on my doorstep and the stamp of fish are usually decent. Certain stretches of the river are untouched and I'm more than often fishing it without a soul in sight! I hope you do catch some nice chub this season.

Duebel, I did try using that button, but the same message appeared saying the file is too big. I've managed to find a free uploading site that's very quick and easy to use. Thanks for your help.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Chevin Chaser wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Duebel, I did try using that button, but the same message appeared saying the file is too big. I've managed to find a free uploading site that's very quick and easy to use. Thanks for your help.
That's strange. How large are your pictures?
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Duebel wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 am
Chevin Chaser wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:27 pm

That's strange. How large are your pictures?
To be honest I'm not sure :doh: If the message appears I re-size them on a different app.

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”