Members gallery of traditional items of tackle made by you

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: Members gallery of traditional items of tackle made by you

Post by Bobthefloat »

Old Man River wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:14 pm Odds and ends shot tubes..

I had a few bits of bamboo left from Landing net poles , that were a bit too large for the poles, but too narrow for anything else, and was loath to throw them away,coupled with a bagfull of wine corks, which were just gathering dust...... so after a bit of work ended up with these..

I am thinking now that it may work if I turn some hardwood /cork "stoppers " for them , in preference to plain cork, something to do in the days ahead before the season starts.

OMR :Hat:
Wow only just seen these David they are fantastic!

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Bobthefloat wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm

I had a few bits of bamboo left from Landing net poles , that were a bit too large for the poles, but too narrow for anything else, and was loath to throw them away,coupled with a bagfull of wine corks, which were just gathering dust...... so after a bit of work ended up with these..

I am thinking now that it may work if I turn some hardwood /cork "stoppers " for them , in preference to plain cork, something to do in the days ahead before the season starts.

Thank you Terry :Hat:

I have made a few more since then, some with turned wooden caps with cork inserts, they are in my tackle boxes filled with bits and bobs .

The longer tubes are "supposed" to be Bernard Venables and Richard Walker, my apologies to both for the (un) liknesses .

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

OMR kindly gifted me one of these beautiful shot tubes when I went to pick up my third and final (unless he decides to make another size) landing net from him. I picked the tench version but now feel the need for more, so it's off to send OMR a PM.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Markus
Stickleback

Post by Markus »

Some banksticks and a float tube with a decal of aBB drawing made by my friend Achim and myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Very nice Markus and Achim

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Markus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 am Some banksticks and a float tube with a decal of aBB drawing made by my friend Achim and myself.
Very nice! Is that transfer a Förderturm. I ask because you are based in Dortmund. Chris

Markus
Stickleback

Post by Markus »

Bobby Marlene wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm
Markus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 am Some banksticks and a float tube with a decal of aBB drawing made by my friend Achim and myself.
Very nice! Is that transfer a Förderturm. I ask because you are based in Dortmund. Chris
Indeed, it is! :Thumb:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Old Man River wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:26 pm
Bobthefloat wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Thank you Terry :Hat:

I have made a few more since then, some with turned wooden caps with cork inserts, they are in my tackle boxes filled with bits and bobs .

The longer tubes are "supposed" to be Bernard Venables and Richard Walker, my apologies to both for the (un) liknesses .

David
I'm absolutely amazed at all of this. It's Brilliant. Well done OMR

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

Gorgeous looking banksticks and float tube, very classy, well done!
”If you don’t come home either wet or injured, you’re not trying hard enough...”

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

A tube to keep a few quiver tips in, from the remains of a rod tucked away in the project corner.
ImageImageImage
The butt cap stopper is the original with the inclusion of a tapered cork to keep it in place.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”