Fishing Bisterne

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
SeanM
Tench

Re: Fishing Bisterne

Post by SeanM »

Olly wrote:Well - on the Avon tomorrow - but higher up! I will let you know.
Ah, that's the sort of information I was looking for. I suspect that I would have the same problem with casters as well so is it bread and corn or am I doomed to spend a day soaking boilie?
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Crystal clear - see pebbles on the bottom in 6ft of water - even worse with the sun out! The temperature has dropped recently as well making it difficult. Some rain will help both with the colour and a bit more flow although the main river is only a little lower than usual but the side stream are 2ft below usual level. That could just be the use of the hatches though.

No a sniff for me on the lead, neither chub or barbel were interested in boilie/pellet. My colleague had about 50+ dace with grayling and small chub on trotted maggot. I suspect a hemp/caster/maggot/mini-pellet approach could have tempted a chub or perhaps even a barbel on the lead. Too clear for a feeder for me. Or on the trotted float using a bait dropper every 4-5 minutes.

Earlier catches from the water were a 12+ & 14+ barbel last week. But not for me! :hairpull:

Just pray for some rain!

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Chubman wrote:so your fishing maggot, you must love catching a minnow with ever cast then.
Are minnows that much of a problem? What do people use when trotting in late summer early autumn?

Thanks Olly. Let's pray for rain!
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I think my colleague had a few - certainly NOT every cast otherwise he wouldn't have had so many dace, etc! He used about 1 pint I think.
4 pints of maggot & a couple of hemp can feed off minnows, especially if you add 2mm/3mm & 4mm pellet! Fills the little darlings tummies up!

Return to “River Avon”