Access and the fishing pound.

This forum belongs to the River Severn.
Willsmodger
Rudd

Access and the fishing pound.

Post by Willsmodger »

Nearly got sucked down into the mud at a fishing hole in Bridgnorth. Kudos and thanks to the kind soul who dug out the bank and cut back the trees to create a swim, wading not recommended though.

£5 for a day ticket from Bridgnorth A.S. fair enough. How about providing better access to swims? Not being a mountain goat, it's not exactly fisherman friendly. The caravan site members have put up fishing platforms for their own use, but for the money paid to the angling society, fishermen on the day ticket section get precisely nowt in terms of easily accessible and fishable swims.

I'm puzzled by lack of access generally. The river is an unexploited asset it seems to me. Anglers produce income to the hotels, guest houses, pubs, restaurants etc, yet the local council don't exactly go out of their way to make it easy for fishermen. Strange, or are the riparian rights a mix of private and council?

Age may have much to do with it. After a day fighting those cow dip swims I'm exhausted. Not to mention driven slightly insane as yet another item of tackle rolls inexorably towards the river.

Moan over. Tight lines everybody.

Return to “River Severn”