Ambidex name plate.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Marc
Sea Trout

Ambidex name plate.

Post by Marc »

Anyone had any experience of referbishing the name plate on a mk 1 ambidex? The brown inlay is (as with a lot I've seen) past its best, coming off in places. I know some like the battle scars of age, but I have one that's a bit tatty and a good user so I want to spruce this one up a bit.

Thank you in advance.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

NiceRoach
Eel

Re: Ambidex name plate.

Post by NiceRoach »

Prince of Durham wrote:Anyone had any experience of referbishing the name plate on a mk 1 ambidex? The brown inlay is (as with a lot I've seen) past its best, coming off in places. I know some like the battle scars of age, but I have one that's a bit tatty and a good user so I want to spruce this one up a bit.

Thank you in advance.
Very difficult to restore the side plate, even for an expert, and because they are riveted on it leaves little scope for replacing even if you could find a separate spare.

It's an expert job, - I had a reel restored and the imperfect sideplate polished up, the restoration of the paint minimises the 'scars' on the side plate. The other thing people do is take them back to the metal.
niceroach

Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Ambidex name plate.

Post by Marc »

Dang. Oh well I guess I'll leave it. Just thought I'd try and make one of them a bit of a pretty reel. Thanks niceroach.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”