caught my first ever tench today (hurray!!)

This forum is for discussing tench.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: caught my first ever tench today (hurray!!)

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Found Baldwins and went and took a look this afternoon....Fabulous looking pond at the bottom of the hill. Very Tenchy, your dead right there Hermes.

Ill be back in June with me Avon and some sweetcorn :ok:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Jolly good, now you'll be hooked forever. An early morning mid June tench takes some beating I can tell you!!

SK :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Well done to both of you.

Makes me daydream about my first trip for next season - June tench.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Hi John,

Only parking is at the side of the road really. You might want to do a close season recce. Warren Pond is another on my list for the summer, I've never fished it but had a couple of walks around years ago. There are some great photos of quite a few of the ponds on flickr.

Gaz

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

gaztheangler wrote:Hi John,

Only parking is at the side of the road really. You might want to do a close season recce. Warren Pond is another on my list for the summer, I've never fished it but had a couple of walks around years ago. There are some great photos of quite a few of the ponds on flickr.

Gaz
Went and took a look last wednesday at Baldwins....Lovely place reeally is . I just hope that there are fish in there?

Ill fish it either way.

Warren pond is very shallow Gaz but ive seen plenty fishing there and proper fishing too.Small rudd , that kind of stuff.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Sion wrote:Finally, caught my first ever Tench today.

Me and my lad spent the day at Beavers Farm Fisheries, near East Grinstead.

There is a one particular lake on there (Eden Pond), which the chap in the office describes as 'our tench lake'. After fishing there for a couple of hours in the morning (Crucian, Rudd, Silver Bream and little Perch) moved onto Moat Farm Pond, which according to the leaflet also has tench ... another Silver Bream.

For the last 45 minutes of the day, I thought we'd give Eden Pond just one last try, lots of activity on the lake ... another Rudd, however still no Tench.

Starting packing up all the equipment leaving the rod in the water for the very last moment and then uttered the phrase "last chance Mr Tench!!" .... fish on the line, as it got closer to the bank we realised it was a 1.5lb Tench .... made my day :D

Small technicality that omitted from the post above ... I actually let my 7-year old lad land the fish, as it was the last of the day ..... still waiting for MY first ever Tench then!!!
I know the fisheries well.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”