Fred Taylor at Redmire

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Sandgroper
Bleak

Re: Fred Taylor at Redmire

Post by Sandgroper »

KevClifford wrote:Harping back to the photographs of Fred J. wading out to net Joe's foul-hooked 26-pounder at Redmire. A centre page feature in Angling Times July 6, 1962 by Dick Walker showed five images of the event. However, the article doesn't specifically state that Walker took the photographs - though obviously Joe and Fred didn't as they appear in the images. However, the article as written infers that Dick wasn't present and that only Fred, Ken & Joe were actually there. I have most of Fred J's early negatives, given to me in a negative holder book with the images catalogued in Fred's handwriting. Six strips of the capture are present (including those used in the feature) and I therefore conclude from this that the photographs were most likely taken by Ken Taylor, probably using Fred's camera.
Hi Kevin, Valerie has been trying to find the negatives in the books you mention so that they can be handed down to Fred's granddaughter and great grandchildren but we have been unable to find them. It's good to know that they will have been kept safely, and Valerie wonders if you would be kind enough to let her have them?
Eagles may soar but I will never get sucked into a jet engine.

Return to “Redmire Pool”