My Chapman 500

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Doc Quince

My Chapman 500

Post by Doc Quince »

Thought i would start my first posts on here with pictures of my Chapman 500. It needs a little restoration.
Through the years it looks like someone has scraped the varnish off around the Chapman logo and its left marks around it. Also the butt ring and the tip ring have been replaced, so i'll be contacting Chapman at some point. I believe this is a early 60s model as it has the rounded back cork handle.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: My Chapman 500

Post by AshbyCut »

Full details of the '500' (and 500 Deluxe) is given on the Chapman's website, Sir. I hope this helps with your task :-

http://www.chapmanblanks.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=730
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Lovely rod. Welcome to the forum! Best, Bobby

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

They really are a great workhorse rod...One I grab on those days when I have no idea what I'll be fishing for. Good for gudgeon through to the odd surprise pike.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Wonderful wands them, Ive just refurbed mine with a new tip section, all agate lined rings too, just need a wee bit more varnish
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Firstly welcome to the TFF, secondly I am sure you will love using your 500 as much as the rest of us do, ours. The marks around your logos are probably where someone has stripped the varnish etc in the past and kept the logo areas intact. I look forward to hearing about your experience with the rod once it is up and running. :Hat:

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Wonderfully versatile rods, my 500's have been refurbed into de-luxe spec (with thanks to Walys Cast) and are a joy to use. :Thumb:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Fine looking rod Doc, one that's on my wish list, a very warm welcome by the way :Hat:
Paul

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Very nice Doc lovely rod.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Loop... How much was the new tip section from Chapmans?
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”