Groundbait, loose-feed, neither or both?

This forum is for discussing roach.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Groundbait, loose-feed, neither or both?

Post by Olly »

I wish they all had been 2lbers! A few above ounces above and some just 4oz below! I reckon they were all from a single year class - why didn't I catch one a year or 2 older!!

That 3lber last year must have been 50 years old if not more - if it came from the same 'batch'!! No chance!!

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

How many people even use a bread punch now?
I do. Though lately I've been using that bread and cheese sandwich paste a lot (mainly for chub but for roach as well) and I just take a big pinch of that between finger and thumb around the hook.

I tried using powdered milk but it doesn't work, it tends to clump up with the bread and wetting makes a solid lump rather than a cloud bait. Also Carnation these days comes in a handy little resealable plastic tube, much easier to deal with than the old tins. When I'm back I'm going to try punch and Carnation on the Sheffield and Tinsley and see what happens there.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Rockland
Minnow

Post by Rockland »

Well have found all the aforementioned baits work for big Roach just down to chance on the day but can say Presentation is the key for Roach and i have caught more big Roach on double maggot than any other bait

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”