Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

The DAM Reels forum.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

Post by OldTackle »

Lovely chaps! Phil's story can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=386&t=18679

Let's see what he can manage to proceed this "pass around item" post about the Finessa 330. By the way: We need the next recipient. PM me if you'd like to test it.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Here we go, a lovely Wye barbel with a Black Seal and a Richard Cleaver float that caught it. I will be ready to pass this on in about four weeks time (there is one other place I want to try it out!).

This is a beautiful reel and I have vowed to get one of my own (the build is wonderful, a lovely little clicker thing that sets the anti-reverse and a sweet clutch!)

Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Now that is an excellent way to start the day. A decent coffee and a marvellous Barbel and some fine traditional tackle .......well done !

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Well done Phil that is a lovely barbel, and on the float too.

Sometimes when fishing for barbel with old reels I feel somewhat handicapped. With the DAM 330, 280 or even the even older Standard I have never had that feeling. A truly great old reel and very much overlooked in the UK.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Well I had hoped to catch a late season tench today on the 330. There is a spot on one of my lakes where the fish were bubbling like crazy this time last year, among the dying lilypads. However, there was another angler there (a rare sight - but he had a 32lb carp!).

Henry and I had to settle for another swim and so we used the LRH and the 330 for a spot of pike fishing and she came up trumps again! The first photo is Henry's pike (which was very yellow!) and the second is the 330 with Will's pike from yesterday.

Bob captured it perfectly - there is no handicap with this old reel - the engineering is spectacular and the clutch is a dream (as my boys will testify - it makes a lovely noise and the clutch is as smooth as a tench's belly!)

Please PM OldTackle if you would like to try the reel for yourself and add to the roll of honours (and I shall send it on).

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Such wonderful pictures! A great homage to a great reel. Thank you again for your posts Bob and Phil.
Watch Willys post - after the pass around I will dedicate the reel to Will and his pike. I will service the reel, replace the scratched side plate by one with the original fish logo on and re-new the bail arm as there is a plastic button missing.

Remaining question: Who likes to be next?

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Is there really not a single gentlemen interested in testing this reel? Or maybe scared by the phenomenal previous catches? Just let me know by a pm if you would like to be the next tester.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

As I did not hear from someone else interested in testing it this reel now goes on to Trilob to give him the chance to try it out. Afterwards the reel goes back home to get a full service and some cosmetically spare parts. I will then dedicate this reel to Tennisgol's son Will, the young pike hunter.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

What a truly delightful gesture Christopher. Absolutely lovely looking reel and your generosity totally in keeping with the values of this Forum.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Please PM me the address for Trilob and I shall post forwards, thanks Christopher.

Return to “DAM Reels”