Past Gudgeon records

This forum is for discussing gudgeon.
Keston
Tench

Past Gudgeon records

Post by Keston »

Reading through old books it seems the Gudgeon record was held by three people at 4 oz 4 Dr in the early sixties and then at some point was set to 4 oz dead by another angler ?
Was there a reset of the records ?
John
Last edited by Keston on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Past Gudgeon records

Post by Olly »

Several - to most British record fish since I have been fishing - that is only 60 years!

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Olly wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:27 pm Several - to most British record fish since I have been fishing - that is only 60 years!
Thanks Olly
I did have some vague recollections of records changing but my memory is often patchy .
Seems a shame to erase those fish from history .
John

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

There was a general clearout of records in 1968; a number of long established records were dropped - from memory, chub, barbel, bream, silver bream, dace, grayling, perch, pike, possibly crucians, bleak and gudgeon.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

DaceAce wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:34 pm There was a general clearout of records in 1968; a number of long established records were dropped - from memory, chub, barbel, bream, silver bream, dace, grayling, perch, pike, possibly crucians, bleak and gudgeon.
Thank you . I had a vague recollection of reading something like that had happened but would have been far too young to have known at the time .
John

Return to “Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)”