D.A.M. History

The DAM Reels forum.
Stingray
Grayling

D.A.M. History

Post by Stingray »

Hi. Any of our resident D.A.M. experts know when it was that D.A.M. moved all its manufacturing to the far east - by my calculations it's circa late 1970s - I think originally to Korea and more recently to China ? Also did they retain a manufacturing capability in Germany for any duration post 1980; do they still have one even ?

Stuart Whiting

Re: D.A.M. History

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Whopper
Minnow

Post by Whopper »

Last autumn they even stopped the administration and the repair warehouse in bavaria.
It's all gone now, no spare parts available any longer...
Catch your dreams...

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Interesting company - supplied the blanks, I believe, for the Hilton rods in the Sixties. I have a somewhat battered DAM carp rod from the 1990s, which I still use sometimes.

Oswy
Ruffe

Post by Oswy »

I've a couple of old D.A.M. 10'-0" match glass rods. I find them great for carp fishing, they certainly bend when you have a double on!
They are classed as match rods, but have a nice through action and are not tippy.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

I've a link to D.A.M stretching back to the 1980's when they were in full swing production of match and general coarse gear. They had an HQ in Birmingham and a Manager by the name of Pat Byrne I recall.

Recently bought two modern rods which are still very good quality in my honest opinion :tea:
niceroach

Return to “DAM Reels”