Cardinal 77

The ABU Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Cardinal 77

Post by Duckett »

BF60 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am Hi,thanks very much for the reply. I don't have the skills to fix it if I took it apart it would never work again lol and apart from no mechanical skill I have white finger which severely minimises the feeling and dexterity of my fingers at least I have one to look at I used to drool over them as a kid in the Tight lines catalogue plus everything else lol
You could try Jim's Reel Shop, they rescued a ABU506 for me which I thought was knackered and it's worked just fine ever since. As a result of that experience I've had them do a full service on another 506.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

If the reel is ticking when you turn the rotor 9 times out of ten its the white plastic trip that needs replacing, the ticking sound is the trip just rubbing on the trip collar and not shutting the bail perfectly. A hard part to find for a 66 but I have plenty for the 77. Its not the easiest of fixes first time round as the springs have a tendency to fly out of the rotor, best done inside a box so you can find the springs should they ping out. If there is any other problem I keep hundreds of parts for all Cardinal reels from 1964 to 1982. :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BF60
Minnow

Post by BF60 »

Hi,that was exactly what was wrong luckily I met a man while fishing who fixes reels and he had the correct part so its now working perfectly hopefully for many years to come.

Return to “ABU Reels”