South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Stathamender
Tench

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by Stathamender »

BendSomeCane wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Penninelad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Dear Pennine Lad .. were you brave enough to venture out today ?

My rain lashed office windows told me I was better off at work!

Bendsomecane
I think today was the intended day and it's bright sunshine and moderate breezes. I'd be there myself but I've been laid low by a mystery virus which has also prevented my return to France.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canalf

Post by Penninelad »

Not a great afternoon on the SYN with just a few small perch.Despite only one boat passing through the canal flowed backwards and forwards throughout the session and was never stationary for more than a few minutes.I stayed till after 6pm but the perch did not get any bigger!
Mark Davies

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

The perch fishing is improving. The first photograph shows a nice perch caught on float fished brandling on the SYN at Barnby Dun,north of Doncaster last week.The rod a Millwards Swimversa,the reel a wonderful Aerial Match 2 made by our own Watermole and the float made by Jeremy Croxall.The two additional photographs were taken this afternoon on the SYN at Kilnhurst(which has been visited by fellow TFF members).Today I used an Aspindale's Severndale which has been nicely refurbished but not by me ( I bought it last week from a well known internet site for £26!)and Watermole's Aerial Match 2 and a Jeremy Croxall goose quill float. These fish were caught on lobworms and brandlings. I lost two far larger fish one which threw the hook after taking a float fished roach and the other taking a large lobworm. I also caught 8 others around the 1lb mark and many smaller ones.Bullheads and small roach made up the rest of the bag.TFF members are always welcome to join me on the TFF,where day tickets can be purchased on the bank.ImageImageImage
Mark Davies

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Wonderful happenings out on the Sync this weekend mark. I'm going a roving on the Manchester are of the Bolton, Bury and Manchester canal in the morning, and i would be well please with just one similar to yours.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Beautiful looking perch Mark. That bargain Aspi looks a cracker, lovely reel too.
I'll come and fish the canal with you at some point, I've only caught small perch but would love to catch a big one!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Yes your grace .. very nice .. your gillie has been elsewhere today ... clearly I’m no longer required

:Beg: :Beg: :Beg:

BSC
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Same swim, different rod and reel, same baits and set up.10.30am to 2.30pm not a bite! The only other angler present also did not have a bite. The oil tanker did not come through and there was only a bit of movement in the canal. I think I need some guidance from my Carer!
Mark Davies

Return to “Other Canals”