Catching The Impossible

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Catching The Impossible

Post by Tengisgol »

Watermole+ wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:46 pm The stuff of impossible dreams...

..R.i.P. Terry..A truly, truly great angler and gentle soul.

D56C0103-548C-4649-81A2-46C6E45A03BC.jpeg
My wife has Amazon Prime, so I rewatched this episode again. I had forgotten that he had a two pound roach before he caught the big chub (which looks simply huge on film).

However, the sight of the three pounds five ounce roach coming up from the depths once again had me muttering endlessly under my breath, “oh my word, oh my word, look at the size of that!”
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I do not know how I missed this thread but I am so pleased I found it as one of our children put Prime on the TV for us. I just did a search and found the episodes and all are free to view.... result :Thumb: :Hat:

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

If nothing else occurred in the series fish wise the two SPIFFING Roach are an absolutely must see - superb stuff indeed. But an awful lot does occur and the gentle unfolding of Miles’s film is as ever wonderful. It’s great to catch it all over again.

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Watermole+ wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:46 pm The stuff of impossible dreams...

..R.i.P. Terry..A truly, truly great angler and gentle soul.

D56C0103-548C-4649-81A2-46C6E45A03BC.jpeg
nice roach
niceroach

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Well, we are up to episode 5 and although I recognise a few sections I do not remember seeing all this before. The filming is truly brilliant and the next episode has always been looked forward to, as are those we have not seen yet. We never realised the beauty of where John Wilson lived, myself and SWMBO could not understand why this little bit of paradise was left for ventures abroad.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

First time round watching this and its alot better than most fishing programs that have been made.
Hugh Miles's wonderful camera work
And Martin Bowler a very accomplished angler
Teamed with Mr Cribbings is a nice balance
But I just couldn't get into it.
I know the whole point of the program is to "catch the impossible" as the title suggests but the constant reference to this got on my wick a little bit.
In one episode Martin Bowler is trying to catch an impossible Tench from a large windswept Stillwater.
His mate turns up hands him a map of all the underwater features in his swim showing where each of his THREE rods should be fishing. He ends up landing the fish he wanted and comments" Tench fishing dont get no better than this".
There are some spectacular fish caught in this series as mentioned above . And caught by some very good anglers.
The roach episode being my favourite as well.
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

The episode with the 5lb upper Ouse perch was amazing to watch, as was the 44lb common carp caught a few feet from the bank.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Fishing Films”