Gilt Hooks or Gilt Hooks to Nylon

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Gilt Hooks or Gilt Hooks to Nylon

Post by Catfish.017 »

Efgeeco used to market Gilt Crystal hooks whipped with yellow silk in the old fashioned way. Benny Ashurst swore by this method though he abhored Gilt hooks,believing them to be thicker in the wire and inferior in quality to a Bronzed or Blued hook.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

I can remember using those, even caught perch on them baitless while setting the float.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Harry H wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:28 pm I can remember using those, even caught perch on them baitless while setting the float.
Yep they came stored on pink card winders with the Efgeeco logo on it. Later they went over to using spade ends knotted to the nylon. I got some in a job lot a few years ago. Couldn't believe how big the barbs were!

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Catfish.017 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:58 pm
Harry H wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:28 pm I can remember using those, even caught perch on them baitless while setting the float.
Yep they came stored on pink card winders with the Efgeeco logo on it. Later they went over to using spade ends knotted to the nylon. I got some in a job lot a few years ago. Couldn't believe how big the barbs were!
Similar to these Catfish.017 although this is on a white card.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Tonytoned wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:32 pm
Catfish.017 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:58 pm
Similar to these Catfish.017 although this is on a white card.

Yep they're the later ones with spade ends.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”