New fishing coat for Christmas 2019

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Joe Croesor
Minnow

Re: New fishing coat for Christmas 2019

Post by Joe Croesor »

I try to use a jacket I was bought several years ago by Jahti Jakt ( a Finnish brand) seems waterproof, has loads of pockets but I get too warm and I find myself in my paint spattered and loved Vass green oilskin I wear for work. It’s comfortable, most definitely watertight and holds a sentimental value ( I bought it in Tom Taylor’s down grimsby Dock having packed up my dad’s old house, I wore it when I visited dad in his final days and in his words “ oh lad I can smell Tom Taylor’s and can remember the days down dock” I wear it because it keeps me dry and reminds me of dad and our lives at sea and the Humber.

Joe Croesor
Minnow

Re: New fishing coat for Christmas 2019

Post by Joe Croesor »

Have just returned from Norway where I got a chance to try out my Fjallraven anorak 8, prior to travelling I gave it a treatment of mix wax cotton proofing wax it made its lly and as it turned out not particularly waterproof. It’s being unusually warm this winter in Norway and it rained when it ought to have been snowing. I bought some Greenland wax out there and gave the jacket a good working coat on and this significantly improved the water redistribution. I’ve yet to fish in it but given that I found it incredibly comfortable cross country skiing in it for several consecutive days and basically living in it I see no problem asides from Welsh rain for which I shall have my faithful oil skin rolled up in my bag or as the Norwegian in the hunting shop used a waterproof cape ( quite like that idea especially as I have a venerable Carradice cape and know the subtle advantages of these ) as we both remember that when you’re fed up with things you sit down and in a tortosian move draw your head inside and sip hot or cold beverage from the flask tucked in a suitable pocket

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”