Magical misty morning

This forum is for discussing chub.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

Re: Magical misty morning

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Dave Burr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:33 am Lovely fish. Mornings like that used to drag me to the river like a magnet but, at the moment, I seem more content to sit in the warm. Note to self, get motivated.
Yes I get like that at times, then regret not getting to the bank early :fishing2:
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Liphook wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:26 pm Yes well done again Vito :Thumb:
Thank you :Thumb:
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Mark wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:48 pm Well done Vito, you certainly catch some lovely chub in the rivers you fish. :Hat:
Thank you Mark, it's nice when I do, but I really enjoy just being there in winter and admiring all my surroundings, very good for de-stressing.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Chevin Chaser wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:26 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm What a great write up, the pictures of the venue, the method, the swim and the fish are superb! :Hat:
Many thanks LD, it's a very simple method but alot of walking and choosing an area of water that gives me that 'gut feeling'
I used to spend hours on the Old Lea in the Fisher's Green area, doing just what you do, but the Lea in that area is much narrower and weedy. It does hold some big chub and Barbel, but it is so heavily fished now, I have not been for years! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Nice one Vito!!

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”