Catching the Impossible

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Dave

Catching the Impossible

Post by Dave »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but is now available at a very good price direct, it seems, from the author
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Catching-The- ... _500wt_689

A big book for £12!

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Catching the Impossible

Post by Deaf Cat »

I assume this is the book of the film
1348 illustrations in 372 pages

Does anyone else have a problem with these glossy papered books? They are lovely, but they are so darned heavy! This one weighs in at 1.7 Kg - that's getting on for 4lb in real money. If I fell asleep reading it in bed I might wake up crushed to death.

:shocked:

Still, looks like a bargain.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Hush !!!!! Apparently Mrs. AC has bought me the book from ebay for Christmas, along with the DVD set ... but I can't see it until Dec. 25th !!!!!

I'm trying to forget they exist !!!!! :roll:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

dgc2011 wrote:I assume this is the book of the film
1348 illustrations in 372 pages

Does anyone else have a problem with these glossy papered books? They are lovely, but they are so darned heavy! This one weighs in at 1.7 Kg - that's getting on for 4lb in real money. If I fell asleep reading it in bed I might wake up crushed to death.

:shocked:

Still, looks like a bargain.
I got the book when it first came out and I felt it was nice for a change to have an angling book that is large, heavy and glossy - and a really good book - as there don't seem to be hardly any others.
The only other angling book I have of this sort of size is 'The forgotten Chapters - Carp Stories'.
The next 'heaviest' angling book after that I have is 'Carp Catchers Club'
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

For the angler with reinforced bookshelves a copy of Forgotten Flies by Paul Schmookler is essential. Over 500 pages (with stunning photographs throughout) and the best part of two foot tall. You should only attempt to read it if you've had three Weetabix for breakfast.

A touch more expensive than Catching the Impossible though.

http://www.anglebooks.com/product.php/1 ... ten-flies-

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”