Cold morning on the Upper Wensum?

This forum belongs to the River Wensum.
Lime&Flint
Minnow

Re: Cold morning on the Upper Wensum?

Post by Lime&Flint »

There is a club section which is part of the Kimberly estate I think. I've often wondered what the fishing is like these days

Lime&Flint
Minnow

Post by Lime&Flint »

Silfield wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am
Lime&Flint wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:55 am
Silfield wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:08 am It felt bitterly cold in the breeze yesterday here in south Norfolk, :Hat: for making it to the river.
Thanks, Are you anywhere near the Tiffey? Or further South?
The Tiffey is within easy walking distance but the stretch nearest to me is more like a storm drain than a river.
There is a club section which is part of the Kimberly estate I believe. I've often wondered what the fishing is like these days

Lime&Flint
Minnow

Post by Lime&Flint »

Silfield wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:08 am It felt bitterly cold in the breeze yesterday here in south Norfolk, :Hat: for making it to the river.
The Tiffey is within easy walking distance but the stretch nearest to me is more like a storm drain than a river.
Tried to post a reply earlier but keep forgetting how! (I must be the most un tech savvy 38 year old on the planet!) Are you a member of the Kimberly Hall club stretch?

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Lime&Flint wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm
Tried to post a reply earlier but keep forgetting how! (I must be the most un tech savvy 38 year old on the planet!) Are you a member of the Kimberly Hall club stretch?
Hello, no but I have walked the river upstream from the bridge a few times, keeping an eye on the water for any signs of life. Saw a couple of small pike on the way up to the weir and a few roach or dace near the bridge.
I had heard there was a substantial fish kill last summer due to the proliferation of duck weed, something that the EA are helping to rectify.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Lime&Flint
Minnow

Post by Lime&Flint »

Silfield wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:41 pm
Lime&Flint wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm
Hello, no but I have walked the river upstream from the bridge a few times, keeping an eye on the water for any signs of life. Saw a couple of small pike on the way up to the weir and a few roach or dace near the bridge.
I had heard there was a substantial fish kill last summer due to the proliferation of duck weed, something that the EA are helping to rectify.
JW did a program on the section directly below the Kimberly park lake, he was catching big roach. Its on YouTube. If only those days would return!

Return to “River Wensum”