Matchman hook tyer

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Ally
Silver Bream

Re: Matchman hook tyer

Post by Ally »

I used to tie my own spade ends. Took a while to figure out a good knot. For years Ive been using a hook tyer, much less fiddly.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Matchman hook tyer

Post by Mr B »

Hi Troops,
I recollected one of them things in my tackle box.
I remember now, my old uncle gave me it a few years ago.. its a Stonefo.. I had a look on line a few mins ago but couldn't get an an English translation!
They look pretty good!
I have always tied my hooks on the bank but after my last bash I noticed how my eyes have gotten worse!!!
It was quite funny,
I had just cast out with a stiff breeze blowing.
I had my reading glasses on... it was raining... I had clipped my 3X magnification swish "clipperoos" on top of my glasses on to see my 3 lbs line to tigh the hook on.
only trouble... they were then quite heavy..
As I looked around at the blowing line peeling from the edge of my old ELO reel ( without a line guard, I know know how they come in handy!) the glasses flew off...
I was now holding my rod, loosing line and i really did now feel the Complete Dangler!"
I know now its not going to get any easer..so the hook machine might come in handy.. tying hooks on before I get on the bank.. Even ting the line to a float length that is pre wound on an old float holder.
I was thinking-then that the knot is weakest link.. but.. the last knot is the hook..
Were is the weakest link... hook end or up the line?

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”