Kind request : catalogue scan of Hardy Matchquest rod (1966-1970)

This forum is for discussing Hardy Anglers Guides from the 1960's.
Vanderpauw
Stickleback

Kind request : catalogue scan of Hardy Matchquest rod (1966-1970)

Post by Vanderpauw »

I posted this request some days ago in the section 'Traditional Glass Rods', but as the question is about Hardy catalogues it's probably more appropriate and effective to post it here.

British match angling was made popular in the Netherlands after a man called Jan Roelfs published his game changing book 'Brasemvissen' (Bream Fishing) in 1971. In this he described the stunning bream catches that two British anglers, Joe Waldron and Colin Graham, made in Holland in September 1969. They used tackle that was up till then unknown over here. Their rods were 12 ft 3-piece fiberglass Hardy (Gordon's) Matchquest match rods. These rods were made from 1966 until 1970. They were succeeded in 1971 by the famous Hardy Matchmaker rods.

I know the Matchquest was pictured in the 1966 Hardy catalogue, but I only have a small and vague picture of that (see below). I would be very happy and grateful if anybody could send me a scan (or photo) of the Matchquest from a Hardy catalogue (1966 or later).

Hans

Cane
Grayling

Re: Kind request : catalogue scan of Hardy Matchquest rod (1966-1970)

Post by Cane »

I had a look through my catalogues, but only have the 1957 version. There might be a photo in another book of Hardy rod and reel collections possibly?
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Vanderpauw
Stickleback

Re: Kind request : catalogue scan of Hardy Matchquest rod (1966-1970)

Post by Vanderpauw »

Thanks for the effort, Cane.
(And no, I haven't found a picture and description anywhere else, alas.)

Return to “Hardy Anglers Guides 1960's”