Royal Avon Supreme MOD

The Grice and Young Reels forum.
PeteB
Stickleback

Royal Avon Supreme MOD

Post by PeteB »

My Royal Avon Supreme unfortunately doesn't have wick oiler & pot just a circle where it would have been, I assume this is because it is a later version.
Anyone have any clear images of the wick oiler as I want to have a go at making one and adding it to the reel?
Many thanks

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Royal Avon Supreme MOD

Post by Liphook »

I'm surprised there aren't detailed pictures on the G&Y section? Is yours a 2 screw or 3 screw spool cap/boss? I've a small collection of 3 screw ARS's and I'll happily send you some pictures via email or whatsapp if you send me your details via PM :Hat:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

PeteB wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 am My Royal Avon Supreme unfortunately doesn't have wick oiler & pot just a circle where it would have been, I assume this is because it is a later version.
Anyone have any clear images of the wick oiler as I want to have a go at making one and adding it to the reel?
Many thanks
These photographs are from my early 3 screw boss version. The whicker itself consists of a light alloy nut with a slot screw head, a cork washer and a small piece of plastic tubing, cut on the bias both ends, that fits in the hole at the bottom of the nut.

I have a letter 2 screw boss version with whicker but it’s up at my brother’s home. This has a plastic nut and no washer.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

PeteB
Stickleback

Post by PeteB »

Managed to add an Oiler, it's a little rough around the edges ( I don't have a lathe) but it works.
Big thanks to Liphook & Duckett for all the info and images
20210615-13154 pm(7) (Small).jpg
20210615-13154 pm(9) (Medium).jpg
20210615-13154 pm(6) (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Well done!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Very nice job!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”