A new Float Winder.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Mr B
Arctic Char

A new Float Winder.

Post by Mr B »

I got back from my camping holiday a day early yesterday ( other commitments today) and had this little Float Winder in a small Parcel waiting for me.
Its 7 1/2 long and around 2 1/2 inches wide.
It has a nice sliding compartment as well for hooks, shots etc.
It has a bit of wood worm as an added extra.
I'll look into treating that.... was thinking of Teak Oil?

Anyway, very pleased with it and it came with two celluloid? ( not sure?) floats..

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: A new Float Winder.

Post by Catfish.017 »

Yep, celluloid floats, ultra traditional (in my opinion) particularly the earlier translucent brownish ones. My boyhood kit always had a couple of these in place. I caught my first ever Crucian using one.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Mr B. Very nice outfit . If it were mine it would be wrapped in a polythene bag and placed in the deep freeze for a day or too.Kills all wood boring pests, then treat to filling and finishing.Floats by be celluloid or plastic (1950/60). Tony

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:47 am Hi Mr B. Very nice outfit . If it were mine it would be wrapped in a polythene bag and placed in the deep freeze for a day or too.Kills all wood boring pests, then treat to filling and finishing.Floats by be celluloid or plastic (1950/60). Tony
Thanks! Its in the freezer!
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”