Eureka 4" with strange fitting

The Hardy Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Eureka 4" with strange fitting

Post by AshbyCut »

First pattern Eureka circa 1913 - 1920 ...

Second pattern circa 1930 (ran circa 1920 to WW2) ...

Many thanks to John Drewett, who I hope will forgive me for the use of the illustrations in his book !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Thanks again Mal, mystery of the holes explained courtesy of Mr Drewett. Unless I have misunderstood all of the post war 3 and a half inch models had 52 holes and the 4" models had 38. :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Lea Dweller wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm Thanks again Mal, mystery of the holes explained courtesy of Mr Drewett. Unless I have misunderstood all of the post war 3 and a half inch models had 52 holes and the 4" models had 38. :Hat:
As far as I'm aware, Sir ... but it has been known to be totally wrong !!! I now must investigate further !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Post by OhMyGoodness »

As far as the 4" size I think both pre-war and post-war had the same number and pattern of holes, differing only in lever check or knob, and round or straight lettering.

OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Post by OhMyGoodness »

My three 3 1/2"...
Left is post-war, middle is pre-war, right is my oldest...

Return to “Hardy Reels”