Two old mates on The River Stort.

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Tizer
Chub

Re: Two old mates on The River Stort.

Post by Tizer »

Not surprised in the least that you did not see a bailiff,I can not remember the last time I was asked for my permit/licence,and that is why you saw 8 of them ee's,they know they will get away with it, also not surprised at all that they did not catch any pike,thats because there are no pike left for them to catch,and then they talk about wanting to kill the ducks as well,makes my blood curl, We go fishing to catch a few fish and enjoy any and all the wildlife that we see and they just want to kill everything,You are made of stronger stuff than me because that would have spoiled my day just seeing them and knowing what they are up to,I would have packed up and gone home.Glad it did not spoil your day though

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Two winters ago while fishing Fenland I was asked to produce my licence by an EA bailiff.When I told him I had not had my licence checked in years he said "Thats because we only have three bailiffs for the whole of the EA Eastern region"He went on to say the EA had been operating on a shoestring budget for years.
He had encountered EE's several times and had even been attacked by them.Where this will all end I have no idea,I have heard of UK anglers taking the law into their own hands.I know violence cannot be condoned but........

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Yes, its a sad state of affairs and I really don't know the answer.
I think we need more Bailiffs on a decent paid wage so they have some commitment to the job, but thats easer said than done I know.
Still had a good day though!!!
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Very enjoyable write up and pics, good seeing two old mates together

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Rutland Rod wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:54 pm Very enjoyable write up and pics, good seeing two old mates together
Thanks mate,
Yes, we had a great day.... spoke to Jeff and yes, he is hooked, he has been looking at getting some more tackle and was Offered a mint condition Edgar Sealy split cane rod...
i'm waiting to pop round to have a look at it for him.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Rivers”