"The Clonk Story."

The history & development of fishing tackle part of the forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

"The Clonk Story."

Post by AshbyCut »

I found this film whilst researching for a thread in another section of the forum, and decided to share it here rather than continue to 'hijack' that thread.

I found this film ... "The Clonk Story" ... to be fascinating, having had no idea of the history of this ancient method of fishing. It's beautifully made, and though the commentary is in Serbian the subtitles are excellent.

I'm sure that there are other members of the forum who would happily spend 40 minutes immersed in it ... even if they have no intention of ever taking part in this method of fishing. Enjoy.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Duckett
Tench

Re: "The Clonk Story."

Post by Duckett »

Very interesting Mal, thanks for sharing. I am now going to have to speak to my part Hungarian friend about the use of clonks in riverbanks there!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Yet to view!

A large variety of clonks - but used with a fish finder they seem a fantastic bit of kit. Watched many videos about it - mostly French. Watching the silure being stirred up by the clonk on the fish finder seems very weird!
Not too sure about using it from the bank and a moggie taking the clonk and the hand holding it!
My niece's husband was Kosovan and knew all about them.

Something for when it is raining

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

A great film Mal.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Added to my 'to watch' list :Hat: I think the first time I saw a clonk actually being used was in a short clip of Matt Hayes fishing from a boat with Luke Moffat in France (R.Soane? ) Interesting technique for an interesting predator!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Liphook wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 am Added to my 'to watch' list :Hat: I think the first time I saw a clonk actually being used was in a short clip of Matt Hayes fishing from a boat with Luke Moffat in France (R.Soane? ) Interesting technique for an interesting predator!

Well remembered...Luke Moffatt it was...complete with clonk!

He actually set up a UK fishing trip firm to take anglers after catfish.

Return to “The History & Development of Fishing Tackle”